If you have been following the weather today and in particular the Marine Forecast, you may be aware of rough water conditions both today and Saturday. Most local areas have posted Yellow or Red Flags for today and expect the same for Saturday. National Weather Service is predicting RIP Currents near shore, winds, and light to moderate chop for the next two days.
Although it actually looks fairly nice outside, water conditions are expected to be too rough for near shore kayak tours. Water visibility is poor due to the churned up water and not expected to improve Saturday.
Our volunteers try very hard to make these tours happen but for safety reasons we are cancelling the tour for this Saturday.
For those who are available, we have another tour scheduled Thursday, August 20.
We hope you will continue to check our Marine Sanctuary and the Sea Turtle Conservation websites for future events and support our programs whenever possible.
Marine Sanctuary Committee
Plans are also being discussed for a wide dune walkover with a large wash down station accessible from the parking lot of the Gulf Side pavilion in Navarre Beach Marine Park. The walkover and wash down station will accommodate dive, paddle board, kayak and similar equipment making access to and from the beach for such items easier and provide a location for fresh water wash down.
We also need volunteers to help sign-in participants, move kayaks to the beach, launch and recover, assist with tours, and at the end we will need volunteers to move the Kayaks back to parking and clean-up. You may also bring your own SUP, Kayak, or other flotation if you like. Extra life jackets and kayaks carts are always useful.
If interested in this opportunity please contact Mike Sandler at: email@example.com