The Navarre Beach Marine Sanctuary (NBMS) plan consists of 3 separate reef areas off the shores of Navarre Beach County Park. Two sites are in Santa Rosa Sound and one is in the Gulf of Mexico. A total of 135 individual reef trees will be planted at the 3 sites. Each tree will consist of 3 branches (discs) to provide more reef surface area. To help maintain and install these trees, we are offering you the opportunity to adopt a tree or a single branch at the reef sites. Once planted, your tree/branch will quickly be bursting with life as marine organisms of all types take to living in and around it.
Benefits to you:
- Your name and/or message on designated beach signs will become a lasting memorial.
- Signs and maps will give you the ability to locate the tree or branch you are responsible for planting.
- A part of making a safe, sustainable, and environmental friendly recreation resource available to hundreds of thousands of individuals
- Donation is a tax deductible donation to The Navarre Area Chamber of Commerce Foundation (a Not for Profit 501 (c) (3) corporation)
Benefits of the community:
- Reefs provide a positive economic impact by creating 3 great scuba and snorkeling sites
- Reefs provide new education program opportunities for the Navarre Beach Marine Science Station
- Reefs provide new opportunities for grant fund studies
- Reefs provide homes for a diversity of marine life, including oysters, which can each filter between 10 and 50 gallons of water a day.
- Sound Side Branch – $200
- Sound Side Tree – $500 (3 branches)
- Gulf Side Branch – $250
- Gulf Side Tree – $600 (3 branches)
*Each reef structure (tree) consists of 3 discs (branches). 105 trees are available in Santa Rosa Sound; 30 trees are available in the Gulf of Mexico
How do I adopt a branch or tree?
How will my donation be used?
It will be used for maintenance and improvement of the reef sites and marine sanctuary programs.
Watch the Artificial Reef and Ecosystems video or view a slide show of the installation process.