Our next meeting for the Navarre Beach Marine Sanctuary Committee is Monday, May 21 at 6:30PM at the Best Western in Navarre.
We will be focusing on the ground breaking event and firming up sponsor signage. The kiosks are being built now and will be completed by Friday. Sign and plaque design will be discussed at the meeting
Snorkelers are welcome at the ribbon cutting event on Tuesday May 22 at 11:30PM. Please contact Mandy Evers (email@example.com) if you would like to be part of a group snorkel at the ribbon cutting. Volunteers are also needed to man the table with information about the sponsorship program and Run for the Reef.
More volunteer opportunities are available for Thursdays in the Parks which start May 24th. The Foundation is using VolunteerSpot (an online sign up and reminder tool) to schedule volunteers for upcoming community awareness activities. Please sign up – here’s how it works in 3 easy steps:
1) Click this link to go to our invitation page on VolunteerSpot:
2) Enter your email address. (No registration required!) Please note: VolunteerSpot does not share your email address with anyone or send spam emails.
3) Sign Up!
If you have trouble accessing the site or prefer not to enter your email address – please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Navarre Chamber Foundation will have an informational booth at Fun Fest (Fri & Sat – Apr 27 & 28) to inform the community about the Marine Sanctuary progress, sell nature walk bricks and promote the Run for the Reef. We’ll also staff the beer booth Saturday night. The Foundation will get to keep tips received during the beer booth shift.
Additional volunteers are needed, particularly Saturday evening at the beer booth from 4 pm to 7 pm. Please contact Nancy Sandler (email@example.com) if you wish to help.
Thanks to those who have already volunteered and a big thank you to the Navarre Chamber for donating part of the Fun Fest 5K Proceeds to the Marine Sanctuary program.
Fun Fest will be in the Navarre Beach County Parking Lot next to the Pier.
Please mark the following dates on your calendar, and note the locations.
- Feb. 13, 2012 at 6:30PM at the Hampton Inn, Navarre – sponsorship meeting. Come help us finalize our sponsorship program and plan for it’s début to the public.
- Feb. 27, 2012 at 6:30 at the Navarre Visitor Information Center – general committee meeting. Discuss the status of permits, the project, and discuss Run for the Reef responsibilities.
- April 27, 2012 from 4-7PM on Navarre Beach – We need volunteers to staff our booth at FunFest. Contact Nancy, firstname.lastname@example.org, if you can help.
- April 28, 2012 from 10AM-7PM on Navarre Beach – We need volunteers in 2-3 hour shift to staff our booth at FunFest. Contact Nancy, email@example.com, if you can help. Please include the times you are available.
Note that a portion of the FunFest 5K proceeds go the NBMS committee. Please spread the word and sign-up if you can. More FunFest 5K information here.
Thanks for your support,
The next Marine Sanctuary Meeting is Monday, April 25, 2011 at 6PM at the Hampton Inn.
We still need volunteers for the events and times below. Please contact Nancy Sandler at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in helping out.
1. Funfest, April 29th Friday, April 29 – 3 to 5 pm
2. Funfest Saturday, April 30, 1 to 3:30 pm and 3:30 to 6 pm.
3. Sunset Stampede 5K, May 7th from 3-5pm and 5-7pm
April Monthly Meeting Agenda
A. Permitting update and Project Details
a. TDC and County funding update
Status of grants applied for
Impact 100 grant
c. Run for the Reef update
C. Community Awareness
a. Past Events
b. Future Events
D. Next Meeting
A great way to get involved in our diving and snorkeling reef program is to volunteer to help man a booth at one of our community awareness events. It’s a great way to learn about the project and promote it to the community. Some upcoming opportunities to help are :
Fun Fest – Navarre Beach County Park Parking Lot -April 29th & 30th
Sunset Stampede – Navarre Beach Boat Launch Parking Lot May 7th
To find out more contact Community Awareness Coordinator Nancy Sandler at email@example.com